The ATAG iR Regular is the perfect replacement boiler for homes with two or more bathrooms.
ATAG’s iR Regular is an extremely energy efficient boiler that’s simple to use and can be purchased in a variety of outputs to suit your requirements. As it’s a regular boiler, it’s ideal for homes that already have a traditional heating system and households that tend to run multiple baths or showers at the same time. Even though the boiler requires additional components, the ATAG iR Regular has compact dimensions and the range even includes a model that can be fitted inside a standard kitchen cupboard.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The ATAG iR Regular boiler range is designed for homes of all sizes and includes models with an output of 15kW, 18kW, 24kW, 32kW or 40kW. This boiler will cost between £1,150 and £1,390, so there isn’t a lot of difference in price if you need to go for one of the higher output models. Although these prices do include VAT they don’t include the cost of installation, which can set you back anything from £500 to £1,600.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
All regular boilers require a separate hot water storage cylinder and loft space to house a feed and expansion tank, making the ATAG iR Regular better suited to homes that already have these additional components installed. This boiler is also ideal for homes with multiple bathrooms as it can handle high hot water demand with ease and it’s perfect for properties with low water pressure issues as well. Since all models in the range have compact dimensions and are quiet in operation, the ATAG iR Regular can be sited almost anywhere in the home.
When choosing a boiler for your home, it’s extremely important to get the type and size right. The quickest and easiest way to know for sure is to consult a local Gas Safe registered engineer as they will visit your home to determine the correct boiler output for you.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes, it is. The ATAG iR Regular achieves an A rating for energy efficiency and is an Energy Saving Trust endorsed product. It has a built-in anti-cycling function for improved efficiency and it can be installed with an optional ATAG iSteel hot water cylinder to make the boiler even more efficient. If you’re looking for a regular boiler that can help to reduce carbon emissions and save you money on your energy bills, the ATAG iR Regular could be the one for you.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
The boiler’s key features include the built-in anti-cycling function with mentioned before, as well as built-in frost protection and an ATAG iCon stainless steel heat exchanger with a lifetime guarantee. It also comes with intuitive controls, an LCD display with detailed fault codes and a combined condensate and pressure relief valve outlet pipe for less pipework. You can even use the ATAG iR Regular boiler with smart controls, such as the OneZone controller that lets you control your heating and hot water via your tablet or smartphone.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The ATAG iR Regular has a 10-year warranty as standard and the stainless steel heat exchanger comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee. If you don’t feel that 10 years is enough, the warranty can be increased to 11 years with a filter only pack, 12 years with a water treatment pack or 14 years with a complete care pack which includes the OneZone smart controller.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £1,150 and £1,390
- Heating output of 15kW, 18kW, 24kW, 32kW or 40kW
- Dimensions of 700mm (H) x 440mm (W) x 355mm (D)
- A 275mm deep model is available to fit inside a kitchen cupboard
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- Compatible with smart controls
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
As the ATAG iR Regular is a high-efficiency boiler that’s capable of meeting the demands of most homes, it’s a great choice if you want to replace your existing regular boiler. The lengthy boiler warranty and the lifetime guarantee on the heat exchanger are massive plus points too. Furthermore, ATAG is currently the UK’s highest-rated boiler brand on Trustpilot, which says a lot about the quality and reliability of these boilers.
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- Can handle high hot water demand with ease
- Easy to install, use and service
- Intuitive controls and LCD display
- ATAG iCon stainless steel heat exchanger with a lifetime guarantee
- Built-in anti-cycling function for improved efficiency
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with the ATAG OneZone controller – improves efficiency and comfort
- Compatible with ATAG iSteel cylinder range and solar thermal hot water systems
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at time of writing in November 2020
- 10-year warranty as standard
- Warranty can be increased to 11, 12 or 14 years
- Requires separate cylinder and loft tanks
Get quotes to supply a new ATAG boiler now