The Baxi 600 System is a robust boiler available in a range of outputs to suit most properties in the UK.
Baxi’s 600 System is a fully modulating compact boiler that can be installed in most places and even fits discreetly within a 290mm deep kitchen cupboard. It comes in a range of outputs to match the demand of most households and requires an additional cylinder to store hot water. This lightweight system boiler is also certified to work with 20% hydrogen, which means the 600 System from Baxi can burn both natural gas and hydrogen.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
This system boiler from Baxi comes in 15kW, 18kW and 24kW outputs and will set you back anything between £910 and £1,045, depending on the boiler size you require. You also need to pay for the boiler to be installed by a Gas Safe registered engineer but keep in mind that installation costs can vary quite a lot. If you want to find the best price, we recommend getting a quote from local and national installers.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
System boilers, such as this one from Baxi, are usually recommended for medium and large-sized homes with more than one bathroom and high demand for hot water. They require a separate hot water storage cylinder that will take up a bit of space in your home, with the most common location being an airing cupboard. The good news is that system boilers don’t need tanks in the loft, so they take up less space than regular or heat-only boilers.
The Baxi 600 System is available in a range of outputs to suit most homes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean this system boiler is the best choice for your household. Always ask a qualified heating engineer to advise you on the most appropriate boiler type and size to match your needs.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes. The Baxi 600 System is a fully modulating A-rated system boiler that can help save you money on your heating bills and reduce your carbon footprint. It’s also an Energy Saving Trust endorsed system boiler.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
Baxi’s 600 System comes with a wall mounting bracket and extensive flue options for greater flexibility of siting and pipework connections. This system boiler is small enough to fit inside a 290mm deep kitchen cupboard and has built-in pipes within the casing to save space. You can find the dials, controls and pressure gauge on the front panel, and your engineer can remove this panel to gain access to all components, making servicing and maintenance simple and less time-consuming.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
You will receive a 7-year parts and labour warranty, but you must choose a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out the installation.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £910 and £1,045
- Heating output of 15kW, 18kW or 24kW
- Dimensions of 700mm (H) x 390mm (W) x 285mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 7-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
The Baxi 600 System is a reliable boiler that can supply several taps at once and meet your requirements if you have high hot water demands, provided you have enough space to accommodate a separate cylinder. Below, we’ve listed some of the pros and cons of this compact system boiler from Baxi.
- Baxi has a Which? brand score of 76% – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Fits inside a kitchen cupboard
- Suited to medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Built using top-quality components
- Front access to all components – saves time when servicing
- Compatible with the market-leading Megaflo Eco Cylinder
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Energy Saving Trust endorsed product
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 7-year parts and labour warranty
- Requires separate cylinder
Get quotes to supply a new Baxi boiler now