Powerful and easy to install, the Baxi Platinum+ System boiler is the perfect choice for homes with multiple bathrooms or a high demand for hot water.
Baxi’s Platinum+ System is a UK-made wall-mountable boiler that requires a separate cylinder to store hot water and is ideal for larger homes with several bathrooms and households that use a lot of hot water. Backed by a generous warranty, this gas condensing system boiler has an impressive energy efficiency rating, is simple to operate, and is easy to install, service and maintain.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Baxi Platinum+ System is available in 32kW and will set you back around £1,030 before adding on the installation cost. Boiler installation costs differ significantly based on the installer and how much work is involved. If you want to find the best price, we recommend getting a quote from both local and national installers. Always ask for a fixed-price quote for the boiler plus installation, and only ever use a Gas Safe registered installer.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
This system boiler from Baxi is suitable for larger homes with more than one bathroom and properties that have enough room for a separate hot water storage cylinder. Most people keep their cylinders in an airing cupboard. It’s also a good option for properties with a high demand for hot water and between 15 and 20 radiators. Like all system boilers, the Baxi Platinum+ System doesn’t require tanks in the loft, meaning it will save you some space.
Choosing the correct boiler type and size can be complex and confusing, so we suggest you ask a Gas Safe registered engineer to visit you in your home to help you make the right decisions.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes. The Baxi Platinum+ System has an A rating for energy efficiency and is endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust, an independent organisation that empowers householders to make better energy choices.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
It has easy to use controls and an LCD display that allows you to monitor the boiler settings and includes built-in frost protection to make it suitable for siting in a loft or garage. Installation is made easy thanks to the pre-plumbing jig and preformed copper tails, and the boiler is compatible with the Megaflo Eco cylinder that helps increase flow rates and maximise system efficiency. The Baxi Platinum+ System boiler also comes with multiple flue options and an industry-leading Adey Magnaclean Micro2 magnetic system filter to protect the boiler and heating system.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Baxi Platinum+ System comes with an impressive 10-year parts and labour warranty as standard for added peace of mind.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay around £1,030
- Heating output of 32kW
- Dimensions of 780mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 345mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Whether you live in a home with several bathrooms or your household uses quite a lot of water, the Baxi Platinum+ System boiler should suit your needs and lifestyle. But, as we mentioned above, be sure to consult a Gas Safe registered engineer for advice before making a decision.
- Baxi has a Which? brand score of 76% – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Suited to large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Industry-leading Adey Magnaclean Micro2 magnetic system filter – protects the boiler and heating system
- Front access to all components – saves time when servicing
- Compatible with the market-leading Megaflo Eco Cylinder
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Energy Saving Trust endorsed product
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 10-year parts and labour warranty
- Requires separate cylinder
Get quotes to supply a new Baxi boiler now