Your Glow-worm boiler will come with a manufacture-backed warranty, which is designed to protect you and your boiler against manufacturing defects related to your appliance. Keeping your Glow-worm boiler warranty valid is extremely important as this means you won’t have to pay for any repairs during the warranty’s validation period. Having said that, the Glow-worm boiler warranty is supplied with strict terms and conditions that must be adhered to in order to keep the warranty valid, and you’re expected to read these carefully before purchasing your boiler.
What is Covered by the Standard Glow-worm Boiler Warranty?
A Glow-worm boiler warranty (or guarantee) covers you for the repair of any manufacturing defects, and this includes parts and labour. So, if a problem occurs after your boiler has been installed and the issue is the result of a defect related to the manufacture of your boiler, Glow-worm will repair the boiler free of charge during the warranty period. However, the repair must be completed by one of Glow-worm’s accredited engineers.
The Length of the Glow-worm Boiler Warranty Period
It really depends on which Glow-worm boiler model you choose to have installed. Glow-worm boiler warranties range between 2 and 7 years, but you might be able to get an exclusive warranty of up to 10 years if the boiler is installed by a Glow-worm Club Energy Installer.
Glow-worm Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
As we mentioned above, your Glow-worm warranty comes with terms and conditions that must be met to enable you to receive the full benefits of the warranty. If you don’t follow the terms and conditions and your boiler needs a repair during the validation period, your claim will be rejected. Glow-worm will send you the full terms and conditions of the warranty but you can also find them on the brand’s website.
Here are just some of the Glow-worm boiler warranty terms and conditions to keep in mind:
- Installation and commissioning must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Installation and commissioning must be carried out within 6 months of despatch of the boiler from Glow-worm’s warehouse.
- All work carried out must be in accordance with the installation manual and the warranty terms and conditions.
- The installer must complete the Benchmark log book at the point of installation and the log book must be kept on site.
- The Glow-worm boiler warranty must be registered within 30 days of installation.
- To validate the warranty, Glow-worm requires proof of purchase, such as an invoice of completed Benchmark logbook. Without this, the warranty will commence from the date of manufacture.
- The Glow-worm boiler warranty will commence from the date of installation.
- The boiler must be serviced each year by a Glow-worm or Gas Safe registered engineer.
- The warranty applies only to boiler component failures and does not apply to any other heating system components that are external to the boiler, such as time controls, motorised valves and room thermostats.
How to Register Your Glow-worm Boiler Warranty
You can register your warranty via Glow-worm’s website, and this must be done within 30 days of the boiler being installed. Failure to register the warranty within 30 days of installation will result in the warranty reverting to 12 months from the install date. To register, you must provide the 28 digit serial number of the boiler, which can be found on the boiler packaging, the appliance data plate, at the back of the control box and on the removable stickers on the top of the boiler.
Get FREE Compare Boiler Quotes
- Get FREE Quotes today
- Compare Best Prices
- You will be contacted by 3 Local Boiler Engineers