The Ideal Logic Max Combi is an ultra-quiet combination boiler that is backed by a fantastic 10-year warranty.
Ideal introduced the Logic Max Combi to its boiler range in 2018, making it one of the newest gas condensing combination boilers on the market. Not only is suitable for homes that use natural gas but this boiler can be converted to LPG, so it’s also a good option for properties that are off the gas grid. Although a decent compact boiler straight out of the box, this combi system can be made even better when you splash some extra cash on Ideal’s optional controls.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Ideal Max Logic series includes three models with different outputs of 24kW, 30kW or 35kW. Prices vary according to these heat outputs and range between £860 and £1,070, so the higher the output you need, the more you’ll need to pay. You also need to consider the fitting cost, which is why we always advise you to shop around and compare prices from different installers. By taking the time to get a range of boiler and installation quotes, you’re more likely to save on both costs.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
Ideal’s Logic Max Combi is a combination boiler and, like all boilers of this type, does not require a cold water tank or hot water storage cylinder. Combination (or combi) boilers are able to heat water instantly each time you turn on a tap, but they may not be able to cope when more than one shower or bath are being used at the exact same time. Because of this, combi boilers are not usually recommended for homes with multiple bathrooms.
A qualified Gas Safe registered engineer will need to take a look at your home and discuss your requirements to be able to tell you whether a combi boiler is ideal for you. The Logic Max Combi series includes options that are suitable for small, medium and large-sized properties, so you’ll also need to ask your engineer to help you choose the correct model for your home.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
This boiler has an A rating for heating and hot water efficiency, so the Logic Max Combi is a high-efficiency boiler that is ErP compliant. If you currently own an old-type boiler and want an efficient replacement, this boiler could be the answer because it should help to save you a heap of money on your annual fuel bills and reduce your carbon footprint over time.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
Yes, it does. The Ideal Logic Max Combi comes with all the usual controls that enable you to adjust temperatures, as well as a large digital display and service timer with telephone number and service display. It has a hard-wearing, scratch resistant case and an easy to reach pressure gauge that can be found on the front panel. This boiler features a high-quality Ideal system filter and frost protection as well. If your home is not connected to gas, you can request an LPG conversion kit. You can also choose from a great selection of optional controls including the Touch Connect smart thermostat that lets you control your heating from a smartphone.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Ideal Logic Max Combi comes with an impressive 10-year parts and labour warranty as standard.
Ideal Logic Max Combi Boiler Prices and Sizes
|Model||Type||Dimensions||Maximum Flow Rate||Output||Efficiency Rating||Typical Price|
|Logic Max Combi 24||Combi||H – 700 mm|
W – 395 mm
D – 278 mm
|9.9 l/min||24 kW||A 90% and above||£860|
|Logic Max Combi 30||Combi||H – 700 mm|
W – 395 mm
D – 278 mm
|12.4 l/min||30 kW||A 90% and above||£965|
|Logic Max Combi 35||Combi||H – 700 mm|
W – 395 mm
D – 278 mm
|14.5 l/min||35 kW||A 90% and above||£1070|
Summary of Important Information
- Priced between £860 and £1,070
- Heating output of 24kW, 30kW or 35kW
- Hot water flow rates of 9.9, 12.4 or 14.5 litres per minute
- Dimensions of 700mm (H) x 395mm (W) x 278mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- Smart compatible
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
There isn’t a single thing we don’t like about the Logic Max Combi by Ideal, so you’ll find only a list of pros below. We are aware that the brand’s Which? score isn’t as high as some other manufacturers but it’s not bad, and this boiler offers peace of mind that you’re covered for a whole decade should anything go wrong with your purchase.
- Ideal boilers have a good overall Which? score of 69%
- Fits in a kitchen cupboard
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- No need for separate cylinder or loft tanks
- Easy to install, use and service
- Frost protection – protects boiler when installed in a garage or basement
- Service timer with telephone display – reminds you when your annual boiler service is due
- High-quality Ideal system filter – improves boiler efficiency and keeps running costs low
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with a range of Ideal controls – improves efficiency and performance
- Compatible with the Touch Connect app-based thermostat – Alexa compatible device that allows you to manage and control your heating from a smartphone
- Works with LPG if required (30kW unit only) – perfect for properties off the gas grid
- 10-year warranty
Get quotes to supply a new Ideal boiler now