The Intergas Eco RF Combi boiler is a good choice for small to medium-sized homes.
According to Intergas, the Eco RF Combi is a new generation of smart boilers and one of the most energy-efficient boilers available today. Not only does this boiler have high-quality components but it also features tried and tested combi compact technology for ultimate reliability and performance. What’s more, it comes in three outputs to suit different needs and can help to lower your gas bill and reduce the impact of global warming.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
Available in a range of outputs, including 18kW, 23kW and 27kW, the Intergas Eco RF Combi will cost you anything between £995 and £1,200. You also need to spend money on the installation, which must only ever be carried out by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer. The installation can sometimes cost more than the boiler and you can expect to pay from £500 to £1,500 to get the boiler fitted. Be sure to get a fixed-price quote from different local and national companies to enable you to compare prices and find the best deal.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
The Intergas Eco RF Combi takes water directly from the mains and combines a water heater with a central heating boiler in one unit. This means you don’t need tanks in the loft or a hot water storage cylinder in the airing cupboard, making the Eco RF Combi suitable for homes with limited space. As a rough guide, the 18kW model is ideal for small homes with one bathroom, the 23kW model is perfect for medium-sized homes with one bathroom and the 27kW model is best suited to slightly bigger homes with a maximum of two bathrooms.
Before you purchase the Intergas Eco RF Combi, ask your engineer to confirm what size/output boiler you need to meet your heating and hot water demand.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Intergas’s Eco RF Combi is an A-rated boiler and has been endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust, mainly because it reduces carbon emission levels to the absolute minimum and provides maximum savings on energy bills. But there’s more. You can boost the efficiency of the Eco RF Combi further by using the Intouch Intergas Smart Control System, which allows you to turn your smartphone into a smart thermostat and enables you to control your central heating even when you’re not at home.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
It certainly does. The Intergas Eco RF Combi features a unique two-in-one heat exchanger that reduces heat losses and delivers the optimum heat transfer for economic performance, and this Intergas heat exchanger is guaranteed for 10 years. It comes with a radio frequency module to enable your installer to monitor boiler performance remotely and it works with the Honeywell wireless room thermostats as well. It also has vacuum insulation to reduce energy loss and ensure whisper-quiet operation. And like we mentioned earlier, you can turn your smartphone into a smart thermostat by using the Intergas Intouch system.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Intergas Eco RF Combi comes with a 10-year warranty as standard and the two-in-one heat exchanger has a 10-year guarantee too.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £995 and £1,200
- Heating output of 18kW, 23kW, or 27kW
- Hot water flow rates of 12, 15 or 18 litres per minute
- Eco RF 24 Dimensions of 590mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- Eco RF 30 Dimensions of 650mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- Eco RF 36 Dimensions of 710mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Both the lengthy boiler warranty and the heat exchanger guarantee are massive plus points as they will give you absolute peace of mind that you’re covered if the boiler develops a fault or breaks down. We’ve read some excellent reviews from customers and engineers on Trustpilot but keep in mind that Intergas has a below-average Which? brand score.
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Easy-to-use touchscreen panel
- Vacuum insulation – reduces energy losses and ensures whisper-quiet operation
- Unique two-in-one heat exchanger with a 10-year guarantee
- Radio frequency module – installer can monitor performance remotely
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with the Intouch system and Honeywell wireless thermostats
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at time of writing in November 2020
- 10-year warranty
- Intergas has an overall Which? score of 52%
Get quotes to supply a new Intergas boiler now