The Ariston Clas HE Regular is a compact boiler that’s suitable for homes with a traditional heating and hot water system already in place.
If your home already has an open vented system, the Ariston Clas HE Regular could be the ideal boiler for your household. It’s a compact appliance that includes impressive technology and a range of advanced functions to help you save energy and cut the cost of your fuel bills. The boiler also boasts two temperature zone capability and can be used with a variety of optional controls, including smart and intelligent accessories.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Ariston Clas HE Regular series includes only one output option of 24kW, which typically costs a very reasonable £640. But don’t forget, you need to factor in the installation cost on top of this. Boiler installation prices can be anything between £1,500 and £1,800, so you’re likely to spend more on the fitting work than the boiler itself.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
Ariston’s Clas HE Regular is a heat-only or traditional boiler, meaning it needs to be installed alongside a water tank and a hot water storage cylinder. If you don’t already own these items or don’t have enough room to house them, then you might be better off with a combi or system boiler. The boiler is, however, suitable for small to medium-sized properties that have an open vented system and more than one bathroom, so it’s a great choice for homes with higher demands.
As it’s so important to get the right type and size of boiler for your home, we suggest you ask a Gas Safe engineer to take a look around your property to enable them to recommend the most suitable option.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes, the Ariston Clas HE Regular is a high-efficiency A-rated boiler that is designed to help you reduce carbon emissions and lower those energy bills. It’s also Energy Saving Trust endorsed and comes with energy-saving features, such as the Auto Function technology that ensures the boilers consumes less gas and electricity when activated.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
It does. The Ariston Clas HE Regular has all of the buttons you would expect to find on a good boiler but it can also be used with the brand’s range of wired and wireless controls. Additionally, it has the built-in Auto Function that monitors the desired temperature and automatically adjusts the output to enhance performance and aid efficiency. Other noteworthy features include the stainless steel heat exchanger, anti-frost device and auto-diagnostic system. Not forgetting that the Ariston Clas HE Regular can be set up to control two separate temperature zones.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Ariston Clas HE Regular comes with a 5-year parts and labour warranty as standard.
Summary of Important Information
- Priced tag of £640
- Heating output of 24kW
- Dimensions of 595mm (H) x 400mm (W) x 295 (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 5-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Although not the best option for homes where space is tight, the Ariston Clas HE Regular is an excellent little boiler with a good warranty and an attractive price tag. Below, you can find our full list of pros and cons.
- Ariston boilers have a good overall Which? score of 64%
- Suited to small and medium-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Stainless steel heat exchanger – maximises longevity, reliability and efficiency
- Auto Function – enhances boiler performance and aids energy efficiency
- Anti-frost device – protects boiler when installed in a garage or basement
- Auto-diagnostic system – makes fault finding easy
- Two temperature zone technology – only when used with an optional controller
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with a range of Ariston controls – improves efficiency and performance
- 5-year warranty
- Ariston has an ‘average’ Trustpilot rating – correct at the time of writing in May 2019
- Requires separate tank and cylinder