The cost of a one-off boiler repair with British Gas is £125 up-front payment
British Gas has more than 6,000 fully qualified boiler engineers located across the country to provide a speedy boiler repair service to homeowners. With a helpline that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the company prides itself on being there in your hour of need, regardless of whether or not you’re an existing customer.
All British Gas boiler repairs are undertaken by Gas Safe registered engineers to ensure all work is carried out safely and legally. You’ll even get a fixed-price quote for your one-off boiler repair job, so you won’t ever have to worry about any unexpected charges.
British Gas will get your broken boiler back up and running quickly. When you choose a one-off boiler repair, you will get:
- Transparent prices including all parts and labour
- 12-month guarantee on repair work
- Speedy service by a local engineer
How Much Do British Gas Boiler Repairs Cost?
British Gas one-off boiler repair prices is £125. The exact cost of your repair will depend on your location and the time it takes to complete the work. When you call the helpline, your advisor will arrange for an engineer to visit your home to assess so that they can confirm the repair price before they start work.
The table below shows you British Gas’s pricing structure for one-off boiler repairs, which is mostly based on how long the repair job lasts. Please note, all prices are correct as of September 2023.
|Up to 30 minutes||£125|
|Between 30 minutes and 2 hours||£299|
|Over 2 hours||£549|
British Gas Boiler Repair Reviews
As British Gas offers a variety of products and services that are not boiler-related, you need to be careful when looking at reviews. After doing some research, we found that customer ratings vary according to the product or service type. We also read many great reviews, more so on Reevoo where 85% of respondents recommend British Gas. However, the company’s overall rating on Trustpilot tells us a different story altogether.
When looking at reviews, you need to make sure you only focus on what customers have said about the service you’re interested in, like boiler repairs for example. British Gas does have its own review section on its website where you can check out the feedback from customers in your local area. We searched a number of UK postcodes on the British Gas site and discovered that the reviews are mostly positive.
The Pros & Cons Of The British Gas Boiler Repair Service
Here at Boilers Prices, we like to give you a balanced and fair view of the options you have available for boiler repairs. We want you to make the right decision while armed with as much unbiased and valuable information as possible.
- Quality service: As you can expect from a leading energy provider, British Gas aims to provide customers with the highest quality of service and will also carry out a full safety check of your boiler and parts.
- Work and parts guaranteed: British Gas offers a one-year guarantee on all repairs and a 5-year guarantee on new boilers and central heating systems.
- A trusted brand: Of course, you could use a local company, but if you want the peace of mind that comes with using a trusted national brand, British Gas is a good option. All engineers are Gas Safe registered and you don’t have to be a British Gas customer to use their repair services.
- Can be more expensive: Compared to smaller, local companies, British Gas parts and labour can be more expensive though you will never pay more than £540 for all repair works. To ensure that you get the best price, we recommend getting at least 3 quotes from British Gas and several local companies so that you can weigh up the differences.
- Response times may be slower: British Gas operates across the UK. However, their engineers may not be able to get to you as quickly as an engineer from a local company.