Built right here in the UK, the Baxi Duo-tec Combi is a reliable boiler that offers exceptional hot water performance.
Are you looking for a combi boiler with an affordable price tag? The Baxi Duo-tec Combi could be the perfect combination boiler for your home. In addition to being easy to install and service, this energy-efficient combi boiler has a user-friendly interface and is compatible with smart room thermostats to allow you to control your heating system with ease. The boiler also comes in a choice of outputs to suit your requirements.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
Baxi’s Duo-tec Combi is available in 24kW, 28kW, 33kW and 40kW outputs and costs between £770 and £995. You also need to hire a qualified heating engineer to install the boiler, and installation costs vary based on installers and the amount of work involved. If you want to find the best price, we recommend you get a fixed-price quote from local and national installers who are Gas Safe registered.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
All combi boilers, like the Baxi Duo-tec Combi, take water directly from the mains and provide hot water on demand. Combi boilers are space-saving heating systems because they do not require a tank in the loft or a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. If you have more than one bathroom, you’ll likely need one of the higher kW models, but keep in mind that a combi boiler may struggle to cope when running two baths or showers at once.
You must select the right boiler type and size for your needs, so be sure to consult a Gas Safe registered engineer to give you advice before making any decisions.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes. The Baxi Duo-tec Combi is a condensing gas boiler and A-rated for heating and hot water. This combi boiler is also an Energy Saving Trust endorsed product, so you can rest assured it meets the highest energy efficiency standards.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
It does. The Duo-tec Combi from Baxi has user-friendly controls and an easy-to-read display to make controlling your heating a breeze. It also has a built-in frost thermostat to allow for installations in a loft or garage and comes complete with a wall mounting jig and a choice of flue lengths. Built using top quality brass components, the Baxi Duo-tec Combi is even compatible with the uSense smart control that lets you control your heating via a smartphone or tablet.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Baxi Duo-tec Combi comes with a 7-year parts and labour warranty as standard.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £770 and £995
- Heating output of 24kW, 28kW, 33kW or 40kW
- Hot water flow rates of 9.8, 11.5, 13.5 or 16.4 litres per minute
- Dimensions of 780mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 345mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 7-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Baxi boilers are generally reliable and cost much less than some other boilers on the market, plus the brand has excellent customer reviews. There are no disadvantages to getting the Baxi Duo-tec Combi boiler installed, and you can find a list of pros and cons below.
- Baxi has a Which? brand score of 76% – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- No need for separate cylinder or loft tanks
- Built using top-quality components
- Built-in frost thermostat – can be sited in a loft or garage
- IFOS compatible – to be Boiler Plus compliant
- Compatible with uSense smart room thermostat – can monitor your energy use and control your heating using a smartphone or tablet, wherever you happen to be
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Energy Saving Trust endorsed product
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 7-year parts and labour warranty
Get quotes to supply a new Baxi boiler now