Made in the UK, the Baxi Platinum+ Combi boiler offers good value for money and provides premium hot water performance.
The Baxi Platinum+ Combi is an affordable and efficient gas condensing combination boiler that can help you reduce your carbon emissions and save money on your energy bills. It is available in 40kW and has an exceptional flow rate, making this combi boiler perfect for larger homes with more than one bathroom or high hot water requirements.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
Baxi’s Platinum+ Combi comes with a 40kW output and costs around £1,210, not including installation. The cost of a gas boiler installation will vary depending on installer rates and the amount of work involved. Getting a quote from both local and national installers should help you find the best price for the boiler, plus installation. Always request a fixed-price quote, and only contact Gas Safe registered installers.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
Combi or combination boilers save valuable space because they don’t require tanks in the loft or a hot water cylinder. They take water directly from the mains and only heat the water you want to use. The Baxi Platinum+ Combi boiler delivers a flow rate of up to 16.4 litres per minute and is designed for medium and large-sized homes with up to two bathrooms and high demand for hot water.
Selecting a new boiler for your home is a big decision and one you must get correct, so we recommend you get a Gas Safe registered engineer to advise you on the right boiler type and size to suit your needs and lifestyle. If you choose the wrong size, your new boiler will waste energy and increase your bills or struggle to meet the demands of your home.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
It sure is. The Baxi Platinum+ Combi has an A energy efficiency rating and will use 93% of the fuel in heating your home. That means it should help lower your carbon footprint and even reduce your heating bills.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
Yes. The Baxi Platinum+ Combi has a range of fantastic features, such as an OpenTherm interface, exceptional flow rate, optional built-in mechanical 24-hour timer and a built-in frost thermostat. It comes complete with simple to use controls, an LCD display and an industry-leading Adey Magnaclean Micro2 magnetic system filter to protect the boiler and heating system. This combi boiler is also compatible with IFOS and OWOS weather sensors and the Baxi uSense smart room thermostat that allows you to control your heating from your smartphone or tablet.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Platinum+ Combi comes with a 10-year parts and labour warranty, proving that Baxi is confident in the quality and reliability of this boiler.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay around £1,210
- Heating output of 40kW
- Hot water flow rate of 16.4 litres per minute
- Dimensions of 780mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 345mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
We believe the Baxi Platinum+ Combi is an excellent choice for larger homes wanting an efficient, high-performance combi boiler that can meet higher demands for hot water. Below are the pros and cons of getting this combi boiler installed.
- Baxi has a Which? brand score of 76% – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Suited to medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Built-in frost thermostat – suitable for siting in a loft or garage
- Industry-leading Adey Magnaclean Micro2 magnetic system filter – protects the boiler and heating system
- Front access to all components – saves time when servicing
- OpenTherm interface – gives you greater control of the boiler when installed with compatible OpenTherm controls
- Compatible with uSense smart room thermostat – can monitor your energy use and control your heating using a smartphone or tablet, wherever you happen to be
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Energy Saving Trust endorsed product
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 10-year parts and labour warranty
Get quotes to supply a new Baxi boiler now