The Daikin D2CND Combi boiler is suitable for small, medium and large-sized homes.
Daikin’s D2CND Combi is a wall-mounted gas condensing boiler that’s designed to provide homeowners with the best levels of comfort, reliability and energy efficiency. This award-winning boiler is available in three outputs and can be installed in rooms inside or outside the home as it has a freeze protection feature. It’s also an extremely compact boiler that’s easy to install and can be combined with solar heating for improved energy efficiency.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Daikin D2CND Combi can be purchased with an output of 24kW, 28kW or 35kW and will cost you between £785 and £965 including VAT. It’s not an expensive combi boiler but you still need to pay for the installation on top of the cost of the unit. If you want to get the best deal on the boiler and the fitting work, you should shop around and get a few fixed-price quotes from a range of local and national installers.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
As there are three outputs available, the Daikin D2CND Combi is suitable for most homes, from small apartments to large houses. Combi boilers don’t require any additional components, like tanks in the loft or a hot water storage cylinder, to deliver plenty of heating and hot water, so this boiler is perfect for homes that lack ample storage space as well. Just be aware that combi boilers can sometimes struggle to meet high hot water demands as they don’t heat the water in advance.
Most homeowners in the UK have a combi boiler installed, mainly because they’re space-saving units that can efficiently deliver heating and hot water. If you’re unsure what boiler type and size is right for your home, just contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to provide expert advice.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
Yes. The Daikin D2CND Combi has an A rating for heating, which means it’s a lot more efficient and better for the environment than older combi boiler models. It has a Lambda Gx automatic gas adaption system that creates the perfect combination of air and gas to increase comfort and to ensure high energy savings and low running costs. The boiler can also be used with solar thermal products to deliver an A+++ rating and to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
In addition to its compact dimensions and stylish front panel, the Daikin D2CND Combi has a good control unit that contains a user interface with an LCD screen, push-buttons and two dials, all located on the front panel of the boiler. The boiler has freeze protection for pipework and a high modulation rate that adjusts the burner power to ensure seamless and continuous operation. Daikin’s D2CND Combi has premium components too, such as a Grundfos pump and hydroblock, Kromschroder gas valve and SWEP plate heat exchanger. It’s also equipped with the Daikin Eye, which continually monitors performance and gives feedback on the operation mode and boiler status. If you want to, you can purchase an optional online controller to allow you to monitor energy consumption and enable you to change the thermostat and set temperature schedules via a smart device.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Daikin D2CND Combi comes complete with a 2-year warranty as standard.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £785 and £965
- Heating output of 24kW, 28kW or 35kW
- Hot water flow rates of 11.3, 14, or 16 litres per minute
- 24kW Model Dimensions of 590mm (H) x 400mm (W) x 256mm (D)
- 28kW and 35kW Dimensions of 695mm (H) x 440mm (W) x 295mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- Compatible with smart controls
- 2-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
The price-competitive Daikin D2CND Combi is a highly efficient boiler with some seriously good components, helping you to enjoy optimal comfort and low operating costs. However, we would prefer a longer warranty period and we are a little concerned about some of the reviews we’ve read on Trustpilot, which tell us that Daikin’s customer support isn’t up to scratch. That said, there aren’t many reviews on there and they’re not all relevant to Daikin boilers as the brand makes a range of other home solutions too.
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- Contemporary styling to suit modern properties
- Easy to install, use and service
- All components accessible from the front
- SWEP plate steel heat exchanger – extremely efficient
- Grundfos pump – reduces energy use and fuel bills
- Freeze protection – boiler can be installed in rooms inside or outside the home
- Daikin Eye – continually monitors performance for optimal reliability
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with the Daikin Online Controller – control boiler via a smart device
- Compatible with solar thermal products for even better efficiency
- Bad rating on Trustpilot – correct at time of writing in November 2020
- 2-year warranty – would prefer a longer standard guarantee
Get quotes to supply a new Daikin boiler now