The Ferroli Bluehelix Tech RRT is an affordable condensing combi boiler with one of the highest energy efficiency levels for heating.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable combination boiler, the Ferroli Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi is suitable for almost any home. In addition to having compact dimensions, this combi boiler is virtually silent when fully operational to ensure noise stays to an absolute minimum. It can operate on natural gas and LPG without needing a conversion kit and is available in three outputs to match your heating and hot water demands.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Ferroli Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi comes in 24kW, 28kW and 34kW outputs and will cost you anything between £615 and £765, depending on the size you need. This price does include VAT but not installation costs, which can differ across the UK. We recommend you get a quote from local and national gas boiler installation companies to get the best value for your money.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
With an output of 24kW, 28kW, or 34kW, the Ferroli Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi is ideal for most small and medium-sized homes. This combi boiler does not require any additional water storage tanks, making it a good choice for properties where space is limited. Combi boilers tend to struggle to meet high water demand, so this boiler will not be suitable if you have an excessive need for hot water and often use more than one bath or shower at the same time.
The most reliable way to determine the right boiler type and size for your home is to consult a qualified heating engineer.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
It is. The Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi from Ferroli achieves 94% seasonal heating efficiency and is ErP A-rated for space heating and hot water, so it should play its part in lowering your carbon emissions. This combi boiler is also designed for use with solar systems to help reduce running costs.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
The Ferroli Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi is an energy-efficient boiler with a large multi-functional graphic display to make setting the controls quick and easy. It has an ‘Eco’ mode for heating water using traditional methods, a ‘Comfort’ mode to make the hot water supply faster and more efficient, and a ThermobalanceTM heat exchanger with larger than standard waterways for greater efficiency and longer life. Also, the boiler is said to be so quiet that you barely know it’s on unless you look at the display panel.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
Ferroli’s Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi comes with a generous 10-year parts and labour warranty if fitted with a high-performance magnetic filter.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £615 and £765
- Heating output of 24kW, 28kW or 34kW
- Hot water flow rates of 9.8, 11.5 or 13.9 litres per minute
- 24kW and 28kW unit dimensions: 700mm (H) x 420mm (W) x 250mm (D)
- 34kW unit dimensions: 700mm (H) x 420mm (W) x 320mm (D)
- Uses natural gas or LPG as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Ferroli is a budget-friendly boiler manufacturer, and the Bluehelix Tech RRT Combi could be a good option if you’re on a tight budget and don’t have a high demand for hot water. You can check out all the pros and cons of this affordable combination boiler below.
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Suited to small and medium-sized homes
- Natural gas and LPG ready
- Easy to install and maintain
- Large multi-functional graphic display – easy to control
- ThermobalanceTM heat exchanger – helps to maintain higher efficiency levels and reduce maintenance
- Stainless steel combustion chamber – reduces deposits and extends boiler life
- Smart MC2 gas adaptive technology – automatically adapts combustion levels as the gas or flue conditions change
- Virtually silent operation
- Designed for use with solar systems
- Great rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 10-year warranty
- Ferroli has a Which? brand score of 45% – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
Get quotes to supply a new Ferroli boiler now