The Intergas HRE Combi is available in four outputs to suit most homes that require a new combi boiler.
Reliable and easy to maintain, the Intergas HRE Combi provides high-efficiency heating and unrivalled hot water efficiency to help reduce your energy bills and carbon footprint. It’s a condensing gas boiler that can supply heating and hot water on demand without the need for any additional components, such as a separate cylinder. The boiler also boasts a range of great controls and features to improve performance and efficiency.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Intergas HRE Combi comes in an output of 17kW, 23kW, 27kW or 41kW and costs between £835 and £1,120, including VAT and dependant on which model you require. These prices do not include the cost of installation, which can be anything from £500 to £1,500, so you need to shop around to find the best deal. We suggest you contact a range of local and national installers for a fixed-price quote to enable you to compare boiler replacement and installation costs.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
Intergas’s HRE Combi is ideal if space is very limited in your home as it doesn’t need to be installed alongside tanks in the loft or a hot water storage cylinder in the airing cupboard. By taking water directly from the mains and heating the water whenever it’s needed, this combi boiler does all the work by itself. There are four heat outputs available to suit the requirements of small, medium and large-sized homes but you need to know that combi boilers sometimes struggle to cope with high hot water demand.
Selecting the right size boiler for your home is crucial, so we recommend you talk to a heating engineer who can advise you on the correct size to suit your requirements.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
It is. The Intergas HRE Combi can automatically adjust its output to match your needs and it uses patented control technology to achieve the most energy-efficient operation. It condensing 100% of the time to achieve a 20% reduction in carbon emissions and to cut up to 15% off your gas bills. The boiler even has a two-in-one heat exchanger that ensures minimal heat loss and optimal heat transfer for unrivalled efficiency. Furthermore, the HRE Combi is A-rated for efficiency and has been endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
This high-efficiency combi boiler from Intergas features a unique two-in-one heat exchanger for an exceptionally economic performance, which is guaranteed for 10 years. It also comes with two types of fixing options and horizontal and vertical flue options. By separating the heating and hot water circuits, the boiler doesn’t need a diverter valve, valve motor, auto-air vent or secondary hot water plate heat exchanger, minimising the risk of boiler faults and breakdowns.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Intergas HRE Combi comes with a 7-year warranty and the two-in-one heat exchanger is guaranteed for 10 years.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £835 and £1,120
- Heating output of 17kW, 23kW, 27kW or 41kW
- Hot water flow rates of 12, 15 or 18 litres per minute
- HRE 24/18 Dimensions of 590mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- HRE 28/24 Dimensions of 650mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- HRE 36/30 Dimensions of 710mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- HRE 36/40 Dimensions of 710mm (H) x 450mm (W) x 240mm (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 7-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Although Intergas has a below-average Which? brand score, it does have an ‘Excellent’ rating on Trustpilot and the reviews reveal that both customers and engineers like these boiler models. You just need to decide if the HRE Combi is the perfect match for you. Keep scrolling to check out our full list of pros and cons.
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- Horizontal and vertical flue options
- Less moving parts – more reliability
- Condenses in both heating and hot water modes
- Standby losses almost zero
- Unique two-in-one heat exchanger with a 10-year guarantee
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at time of writing in November 2020
- 7-year warranty
- Intergas has an overall Which? score of 52%
Get quotes to supply a new Intergas boiler now