Whether you choose a Main combi, system or heat-only boiler for your home, you will receive a boiler warranty once your engineer completes the installation. However, you must understand your responsibilities to ensure your boiler warranty is valid and stays that way. As Main Heating is a subsidiary of Baxi, the Main boiler warranty comes with the same set of terms and conditions as the Baxi boiler warranty, and it’s always a good idea to read them carefully.
Below, we explain what the Main boiler warranty covers, the length of the warranty period, the terms and conditions, and how to activate your appliance warranty.
What is Covered by the Standard Main Boiler Warranty?
Main will replace any parts which are faulty from the date of manufacture free of charge while the boiler warranty is in place. The Main boiler warranty only applies to the boiler and its integrated controls, not to any connected system or accessories, such as thermostats, time switches, external pumps, motorised valves, external expansion vessels or anything else that connects to the boiler.
The Length of the Main Boiler Warranty Period
Main combi, system and heat-only boilers come with a standard 5-year warranty, staring on the same day as the installation. The Main boiler warranty is limited to only 12 months if you do not get a Gas Safe registered engineer to install the boiler, complete the benchmark commissioning checklist at the time of installation, and service the boiler annually.
Main Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
You should read the Main boiler warranty terms and conditions to understand your responsibilities and what you need to do to keep it valid. Failure to comply will invalidate the warranty, leaving you without peace of mind that Main will cover the cost of repairs within the warranty period.
All of the Main boiler warranty terms and conditions are on the manufacturer’s website, and the following are just some terms, conditions and responsibilities to keep in mind:
- You must register your Main boiler warranty within 30 days of installation.
- Your installer must be a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- You must make sure your installer completes the benchmark commissioning checklist and keep it somewhere safe.
- The boiler must be serviced every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The manufacturer may ask you to pay a deposit before sending an engineer to repair your boiler. Main will return the deposit in full if the engineer confirms the warranty covers the fault.
- The warranty only applies to boilers bought in and used in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- An engineer will not carry out repairs if they believe accessing the boiler is a risk to health and safety.
How to Register Your Main Boiler Warranty
You or your installer must register your Main boiler warranty within 30 days of the installation date. If you decide to register your warranty rather than your installer, you can do this online via the Main website. When you click the ‘Register Your Warranty’ button on Main’s website, you are taken to the Baxi website to complete a warranty registration form.
Get FREE Compare Boiler Quotes
- Get FREE Quotes today
- Compare Best Prices
- You will be contacted by 3 Local Boiler Engineers