The Unica MAX C from Vokera is a 20% hydrogen-ready gas condensing combi boiler that runs on natural gas or LPG.
Vokera’s Unica MAX C is a feature-rich, state-of-the-art combi boiler that is easy to install and provides warmth, comfort, efficiency and long-term performance. Available in two outputs, this combi boiler is natural gas and LPG-ready out of the box and will accept 20% hydrogen to prevent you from having to replace your boiler when the network switches over in the future.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
The Unica MAX C from Vokera comes in 35kW and 40kW outputs and costs between £905 and £1,025, including VAT. However, you also need to pay the installation costs, which vary based on who you use and the amount of work involved to fit the appliance. It’s always a good idea to get a fixed-price quote from local and national installers to allow you to compare prices and find the cheapest boiler quote.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
Combination or combi boilers heat water on demand and don’t require additional components to store water. That means the Vokera Unica MAX C takes up minimal space and is ideal for homes where space is limited. As this combination boiler doesn’t use a cylinder to store hot water, it may struggle to provide hot water to more than one shower or bath at a time, making it less suitable for homes with a high demand for hot water.
You must choose the correct boiler type and size for your needs, so make sure you get the unbiased opinion of a Gas Safe registered engineer before making any decisions.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
The Unica MAX C from Vokera is A-rated and features a high-efficiency modulating pump. It’s a hybrid-ready combi boiler with an embedded control that combines the performance of a traditional boiler with the renewable energy of an air source heat pump and automatically switches between them to deliver the best energy efficiency at the time.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
Yes. Vokera’s Unica MAX C has an embedded digital clock and a liquid display user interface with a text menu to enable you and your installer to navigate through the settings and parameters with ease. It comes complete with a large bore radial stainless steel heat exchanger, high-efficiency modulating pump, and ACC (active combustion control) to reduce admissions. The boiler also has a built-in filling loop and OpenTherm inside to allow communication with a room thermostat.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
The Vokera Unica MAX C Combi comes with a generous 10-year warranty as standard to give you peace of mind if the boiler breaks down.
Summary of Important Information
- Expect to pay between £905 and £1,025
- Heating output of 35kW or 40kW
- Hot water flow rates of 14.2 or 16.4 litres per minute
- Dimensions of 740mm (H) x 470mm (W) x 350mm (D)
- Uses natural gas or LPG as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- 10-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
Vokera is an affordable boiler brand offering a fantastic warranty with the Unica MAX C Combi and even has many positive online customer reviews. Check out our list of pros and cons below, which we hope helps you decide whether this combi boiler is right for your home.
- Considerably cheaper than some other boiler brands
- Suited to medium and large-sized homes
- Easy to install, use and service
- High DHW flow rates
- High modulation up to 1:8
- Back-lit LCD display enables full control of heating times over the week
- High-efficiency modulating pump
- Combustion air filter protects the boiler from pollution
- Large bore stainless steel heat exchanger – enables front servicing and reduced installation clearances
- OpenTherm inside
- Horizontal, vertical and twin flue options available
- Approved for use with a hydrogen/methane blend (20/80)
- Excellent rating on Trustpilot – correct at the time of writing – January 2022
- 10-year warranty
Get quotes to supply a new Vokera boiler now